Thursday, December 13, 2012

The family history of George our pet opossum

Since the Spring of 2011, my yard has been the play area of a family of opossum  that have created some fun but also some frustration.   One member of this little family was found in our outside trash can and almost ended up at the landfill.  Unfortunately, one began  digging up the yard so, it had to go.   Below is the brief family history of George, our family opossum.


I am not sure if this is George at conception but it was a strange sight to see early one morning

 I was at the landfill about ready to unload one of the trash cans, when I looked into the trash can and found our little George.  Why I brought George home to show Becky is a mystery.
A picture of George in his new temporary home after I trapped him for digging up my yard.
Our last picture of George before I drove him off to his new home about a mile from my yard.  George, I don't ever want to see your ugly face in my yard.  Now my next project is getting rid of my mole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment