Monday, April 30, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

A number of years ago I began collecting different volumes of the John MacArthur New Testament Commentary as they were released but the purchasing soon was taken over by my family as an easy birthday, Father's Day or Christmas gift for me.  Earlier this year, I finally was able to obtain a book shelf for my office in which I could display all the volumes for easy access.  I confess that I haven't used them as much as I had planned but occasionally pulled a volume out when preparing to teach a Sunday School lesson.  One day in last December, I was doing something at my desk when I glanced over at the commentary series and again thought that I really should be using the special gift from my family.  So a decision was made to start reading them and a reading schedule was created that will have me complete the entire current series by February 2014.  To date I have finished four volumes and just started a fifth (I & II Thessalonians - thank you again Justin and Mandy for this Christmas 2006 gift).   I just wanted to thank my family for this wonderful gift and to let them know it is being used.  The picture shows my reading list for the next few years.  Something to do in my retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment