Friday, September 17, 2010

Road Trip to in Charlottesville, VA

Becky and I drove to Charlottesville, VA this past weekend to visit Mimi Payne and enjoyed four great days of updating each other on our busy schedules.  We were able to worship at South Plains Presbyterian Church and see the evidence of their new building project.  Of course there was our traditional shopping day for groceries and a dinner out one evening but this visit had the added event of a PEO meeting that Becky and Mimi attended.  I was able to find a wifi connection in the upstairs library so caught up on email while they were attending the meeting.   Thanks Mom for a great visit.



Becky and Mimi ready for their PEO meeting
South Plains Presbyterian Church, Keswick, VA, Organized in 1819
The new construction project at South Plains Presbyterian Church
The sanctuary (my dad made the small Celtic cross)
My dad is buried in the South Plains Presbyterian Church cemetery behind the sanctuary
My Mom and I during dinner after worship

3 comments:

  1. I like the pictures! And a story was told through the pictures. (not so payneful..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I loved the photos, especially the one of you and Mimi and Mom and Mimi. I can't believe their church has grown so much. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad - enjoyed this blog. Glad you had a nice visit with Mimi. That is such a beautiful church. And I love seeing the cross there. Seeing Papa's grave made me miss him... Mimi looks so great. Glad you guys got to go!!!

    ReplyDelete