Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hiking in Mt Rainier, WA

While visiting our new grandson, Payne Evers Harrison, in Kennewick, WA Eric invited me for a day hike at Mt Rainier.  It was a beautiful drive with Mt Rainier being a spectacular example of God's creative powers.  The four mile hike took us around 3 hours and nearly a third of the hike was over snow and a 1700 foot change in elevation.  It was a good reminder that I need to get in better shape and lose some weight.  Yesterday we all drove to Walla Walla, WA to visit the farmers market and today we worshipped at Bethel Church in Richland.  The trip has been too short for me since I fly out tomorrow with Becky following me on Tuesday.  Rachel has made me a little dangerous introducing me to Facebook and blogging.  More to come in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Dad is blogging. So fun. Loved your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Dad. Very nice blog...and may I welcome you to the blogging world. Awesome pictures. Keep these blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete